Perhaps the best all-around mountain shoe we've ever made, the Rapid lives at the junction of trail running and approach.
This hybrid shoe is equally adept at ticking off trail miles, boulder hopping and scrambling moderate slabs. The all-synthetic upper is lightweight and highly breathable thanks to plenty of mesh, but reinforced in critical areas with welded PU to provide support and durability. Our Sock-Fit LW construction snugly wraps the midfoot for a precise fit with reduced bulk. The dual-density EVA midsole delivers a ride more akin to a trail running shoe, but we have added a TPU arch insert for torsion control, and our Dynamic Protection System insert in the forefoot for increased protection, propulsion and edging capability. The Vibram® outsole features high-friction Megagrip rubber, and an edging zone under the big toe for unbeatable friction and traction. The Rapid is the perfect choice for moving fast over mixed mountain terrain, adept at handling all conditions from groomed single track to endless talus fields to slabby scrambles.
- Mesh & PU Upper: Breathable mesh with overlays of thermally welded PU film for additional protection, support and abrasion resistance.
- SOCK-FIT LW: Stretch fabric incorporated with a minimal stretch tongue provides gentle wrapping and support, reducing bulk and enhancing fit.
- Dynamic Protection System (DPS): DPS insert in ESS adds protection, propulsion and edging capability.
- Midsole: Dual-density compression molded EVA with a TPU arch insert for torsion control.
- Outsole: Vibram® outsole with Megagrip rubber compound and medial forefoot edging zone for increased traction and friction.