The Beal brand brings to the market an 8.5 mm rope certified for twin, double and single use, with a weight that makes it the lightest in its category. We could consider the Opera 8.5 as the younger sister of the renowned Joker 9.1 from the same manufacturer. This is an incredibly versatile model aimed at climbers and mountaineers who are looking for a rope with a good relationship between shock force and resistance when being single carabinered (as is done in the double rope technique), or for sporadic use for undertake "very light luggage" a sport climbing route. It is without a doubt a very interesting rope for high-level sport climbers who want to have the least weight for their “definitive hits”. The incorporation of the Unicore treatment adds a plus in safety and solidifies the core and sheath of these dynamic ropes to limit movement between the 2 parts and optimize their performance. They swell less, are more flexible, more pleasant to handle and last longer.
- Versatile, ultralight, ultrasliding.
- Single rope: very high level climber.
- Double and twin rope: versatile climber/mountaineer.
- Diameter: 8.5mm
- Sheath slip: 0mm
- Cover percentage: 39%.
- Shock force: 7.4kN / 5.5kN / 8.8kN.
- Number of falls: 5 / 18 / >25.
- Elongation after a first fall: 37% / 32% / 29%.
- Static elongation: 8.4% / 8.4% / 5.1%
- Regulations: CE EN 892 (Simple, Double and Twin).
- Weight per meter of 48 g.